- About UXCamp DC
- UXCamp DC Blog
- Newsletter Archive
- UXCamp DC 2011 Attendees List
- Watch UXCamp DC 2011
- Jared Spool – UX Job Market: Hire or Be Hired
- UXCamp DC 2012 Sponsors
- Sponsor UXCamp DC 2013
- Twitter Feed
- Contact Us
What is UXCamp DC?
UXCamp DC is about bringing together the area’s foremost thinkers and practitioners: sharing the big ideas that inspire great user experience design on the web, on mobile, and in real life.
UXCamp DC is an ad-hoc unconference and is part of the larger BarCamp movement. The focus of this camp is user experience–online and offline. There is no set agenda until everyone gathers. Attendees are required to participate to some degree: either by leading a discussion, showing a demo, or by creating another type of collaborative session.
This event will be held on January 5, 2013 from 9 am – 5:45 pm at Goethe-Institut in Washington, DC.
Expected attendance: 150
Who is UXCamp’s target audience?
User Experience Design Professionals–
- UX/UI Designers
- Mobile UX Designers/Developers
- Web Designer/Developers
- Industrial Designers
- Anyone interested in the enhancing the user experience
The common thread is the user. These designers focus on creating spaces–online and offline–wherein the user is put at the center of all design decisions. Participants want to meet like-minded creators, exchange ideas, build relationships and forge new creative and business connections.
How is the information at UXCamp DC presented?
All talks are 45 minutes and are organized using a whiteboard. Presenters will add a title and brief description of their talk to the whiteboard to that other attendees can better understand who is presenting the session and what they will be talking about.
What’s in it for UXCamp DC participants?
- Meeting and networking with fellow practitioners and professionals
- Q&A sessions, peer mentoring and “hallway conversations” that further knowledge
- Potential business opportunities through consulting, contracting and exposure
What’s in it for UXCamp DC sponsors?
- Demonstrating through leadership and branding amongst the user experience design community
- Using the opportunity to interact with active and passionate potential customers and partners
- Gaining brand exposure via videos, photos and web content created and shared online
Become a Sponsor now!
Add Widgets (Content Sidebar)
This is your Content Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Content Sidebar area.